Native Ads are effective in engaging your brand’s audience as they blend well with surrounding content and do not disrupt the user experience. Marrying native ads with programmatic increase their effectiveness two-fold. Programmatic adds relevance and personalization and makes the ad buying process automated and affordable.
Let’s glance at 5 ways Programmatic advertising can drive traffic to your store:
- Improving Segmentation through Data Layering: Programmatic can enhance your campaign by intelligent audience segmentation using data layering. The goal is to identify users that fit your target persona and remove those that don’t.
Let’s consider this example: you want to target people who are looking for a toddler sized bed.
First Data Layer may segment the user population to identify people who are parents (guardians), based on demographic data and apps on their devices.
Second Data Layer might look to identify parents who have shown interest in exploring furniture for toddlers. This can be accomplished by looking at their search history, contextual content and their physical location history.
Third Data Layer could be those users who have already viewed specific products (toddler-beds) on a furniture website.
Armed with this information, you can filter your ideal target audience and present a campaign with special offers from the nearest physical store, thereby motivating them to drop by.
- Geotargeting: Programmatic native advertising can provide a customized experience for shoppers walking into the store. Using geo-targeting, these ads can drill down customers by their geographical (ZIP code) locations. With such precise information, brands can put hyper-localized ads in the user’s feed to fit their preferences. Advertisers can target those who are within the perimeter of their store locations, by serving them product-specific ads or in-store promotions.
For instance, on Women’s Day, you can target women who are physically close to your store and offer a special discount if they buy products from your store.
- Targeted Ad Buying: Brands are turning to programmatic advertising for their last-minute sales. You already have real-time data to target specific audiences who you know make decisions at the eleventh hour. You can tweak your ad to fit those buyer’s needs.
- Recommendations to relieve stressful shopping: Sometimes holiday shopping becomes stressful for consumers. Programmatic native ads can combine customization and automation to recommend what products to buy, organized by their recipient type.
eg. If a customer has looked up items on what products to buy for her mom this festive season, Programmatic Native recommendations can serve an article or a blog like “Top 10 items to Gift Your Mom”. A native ad recommendation could also suggest “Bakery Set for your mom”, with 20% off coupon if you buy from the nearest store.
- Retargeting: We have looked at ways to target customers, but what about customers who already bought from you or abandoned your product in the cart?
You can re-engage your customers by advertising products from their previously bought list or wishlist and those waiting in the cart of your online store. Your ad could read: ‘You forgot a cute little black dress in your cart. Want to try, before you buy? Visit our store and make it yours now!’.
Programmatic-native has been designed to target the best possible traffic by identifying their needs using real-time data. You can convert this traffic by adjusting your campaigns algorithmically or manually to serve your customers advertisements that are most effective.
by Vandita Grover