Anything quantifiable works – weight, pushups, number of cigarettes, or how long it takes you to bike to work. Answer with your number when Beeminder asks – or connect a device like a Withings scale – and we’ll show your progress and a Yellow Brick Road to follow to stay on track. If you go off track, you pledge money to stay on the road the next time. If you go off track again, we charge you.
What is Beeminder?
It’s reminders with a sting! Or, goal-tracking with teeth. Mind anything you can graph — weight, pushups, to-do tasks completed — by replying with data when Beeminder prompts you. Or connect with a service (like Fitbit) to report automatically. We plot your progress on a Yellow Brick Road to your goal. Keep all your data points on the road and Beeminder will always be free. Go off the road and you (literally) pay the price.
Who is Beeminder for?
Here’s the way to find out if Beeminder could be useful for you: Is there anything you know you should do, you really do want to do, you know for certain you can do, yet that historically you don’t do? (Also, are you a nerdy, lifehacking data freak?) If yes, you should try it!
What can Beeminder track?
Anything you can quantify and graph! Here are some goals that our users have been minding:
- Hitting 145 pounds by December 31
- Reducing credit card balance to zero by January
- Blogging twice a month
- Getting rid of 100 possessions in the next year
- Being able to do 50 pushups by September 22
- Weighing 38 ‘jillians’ (weight loss without revealing weight)
- Eating, on average, 5 servings of fruit/vegetables per day
- Drinking 100 different beers in 2011
- Practicing guitar 7 hours per week
- Staying at or below 148 pounds
- Doing 45 minutes of resistance training per week
- Gaining no more than 30 pounds during pregnancy
- Biking 10 miles in 24 minutes
- Biking 1956 miles in 2011 (until odometer hits 5000)
- Spending 40 hours a week building Beeminder (we eat our own dog food!)
- Biking 50 miles per week leading up to the NYC Century
- Reading Ulysses by December 15
- Clearing out 1 email per day till inbox is at 25 messages
- Setting at least one new Beeminder goal per month
- Getting in bed by 10pm at least 5 nights a week
- Calling or writing to at least one person per day
- Reviewing 10 Anki cards per day
- Flossing at least every other day
- View Official Website
- View Full Features